Providing mobile workforces with access to technologies such as GPS and wireless broadband delivers ‘real-time’ efficiency and can give an edge over competitors. Therefore, the installation of computers in vehicles is becoming increasingly common, however, this also brings responsibilities and challenges that must be addressed to satisfy legal requirements and to protect a business and its employees.
The Blank-it Solution
Blank-it provides an easy, safe and legally compliant way of managing in-vehicle computer displays and helps to reduce ‘driver distraction’ by acting as a “sentry”, preventing screen access when appropriate.
Designed to meet today’s strict regulations for computer installations in vehicles, Blank-it is the best solution for in-vehicle display management for a fleet of any size.
Blank-it helps to ensure vehicles comply with the ever-increasing levels of ‘driver distraction’ legislation and assists in improving employee health and safety.
Motion Sensor Technology
Once Blank-it is installed and activated, it will lock the screen display, preventing or restricting use of the computer whilst the vehicle is in motion. For ‘warehouse’ type situations (e.g. Forklift trucks) Blank-it’s cable solution is ideal. For use on the road, the unique Motion Sensor technology is perfect as it offers a more accurate, reliable and independent method of monitoring vehicle movement.
- Manufactured in the USA
- Award winning Road Safety solution (Winners of the “2014 Australian Road Safety Innovation Award”)
- Nominated apps
- Passenger viewing option
- Voice command option
- Keyboard and mouse disabler
- Privacy screen (Police requirement)
- Temporary override (Police requirement)
- Roll-over detection and notification
- GPS failsafe and override (tamper-proof)
- Not solely reliant on GPS signals
- Does not affect the vehicle warranty
Blank-it leads the world in ‘Display Management’ and here are a few reasons why:
- Blank-it uses unique (patent pending) Motion Sensor technology to provide reliability, flexibility and portability in monitoring vehicle movement.
Access to ‘nominated’ programs:
- Blank-it allows a configurable list of programs to be accessible (such as navigation aids, reversing camera displays or dispatch / scheduling systems).
- Blank-it is easily installed without requiring vehicle modifications and happily accommodates laptop mounting systems and ‘swing-away’ brackets.
Business, Fleet and Driver Protection
Blank-it enables the driver to create a list of ‘allowable’ programs whilst immobilising all other computer options when the vehicle is in motion.
By limiting the functionality of computers whilst the vehicle is moving, Blank-it helps reduce visual distractions, improving driver safety and potentially reducing costs associated with accidents.
The Blank-it distracted driver solution can help prepare a fleet for existing and future regulations relating to use of display equipment within commercial vehicles, and at the same time help to improve driver safety.
Blank-it is an easy to install, vehicle independent, self-contained and flexible solution to the problems associated with in-vehicle computer use and will help address distracted driver legislation.
If you would like further information on this product or would like to arrange a demonstration, please contact us.