As we are encouraged to start the transition to all electric vehicles, what does this mean for the future of vehicle technology? The message from Handsfree Group is “we have always been ready”.
Like with any new vehicle, no matter what is powering and turning the wheels, the technology that helps us to drive, communicate, stay safe and protect our vehicle is a high priority for most when looking to make that all important purchase.
Handsfree Group have a wealth of experience in fitting a wide range of vehicle technology solutions to EV’s that further improve the driving experience.
Size Does Matter
When a vehicle is purely electric, its fundamental to ensure all parts are lightweight and low current draw to ensure you get the best battery performance. Handsfree Group have a proven vehicle technology portfolio that takes all these aspects into consideration.
Handsfree Group have a specific range of products for Electric Vehicles, a lot of which are open cab.
- Waterproof interior & exterior cameras.
- Sunlight readable monitors to give better open cab visibility.
- White noise directional motor alarms
Battery Management from Datalive Telematics
Handsfree Group’s Datalive division offers an EV Battery Management suite with the following features:
EV Battery Levels
- Remotely monitor real time battery charge levels.
EV Charge Times
- Insight to vehicles that are ready to go, or charge time remaining.
EV Battery Condition
- View battery conditions and closely monitor units nearing end of life.
EV Battery Performance
- Visibility of overall battery performance with end of life alerts
Vehicle theft and the loss of valuable cargo can be disruptive for any business. It’s common knowledge that EV’s are expensive, therefore being at a high risk of theft. Handsfree Group can install a range of products that effectively deters criminals, whatever their intentions.
Datalive Tracking solutions for EV’s:
SVR (Stolen Vehicle Recovery)
- Datalive telematics tracks a vehicle’s whereabouts so it can be recovered quickly.
Protect EV Battery theft
- Datalive telematics can be integrated into the vehicle battery. Sudden power loss is instantly detected and alerted.
- Anti-Hijack protection so the vehicle can only be driven for a certain short distance without the driver’s key.
If you already own, or are thinking of purchasing a fleet of, Electric Vehicles and you would like more information on the products and services Handsfree Group can offer to improve communication, safety and security for you and your fleet, please contact us to arrange a meeting and full demonstration.