Handsfree Group are an established nationwide fleet installation specialist of vehicle technology products. We are expanding our product solution offering and seeking to hire a Product Manager to guide this growth. In addition to providing traditional aftermarket vehicle safety equipment we continue to develop unique and customized products for our diverse client base.
Reporting to the Director of Sales, this role will involve planning and implementation of processes to enhance our existing product range by:
- Product Line Development: Develop, forecast, implement and monitor product lines.
- Product Documentation: Compose all product documents to help support and market all product lines.
- New Product Launches: Lead cross-functional teams in the development, design, and launch of products.
- Product Training: Schedule focused training to all levels of the business.
- Market Research: Coordinate market and competitive research to identify industry needs.
- Manage our suppliers: Existing and new supplier relations and communications.
- Provide the sales team with the necessary technical expertise to enable them to sell our products.
- Responsible for all product technical documentation.
- Implement a procedure for enrolling new products and discontinuing end of life products.
- Review product data to ensure that the team is kept up to date on new developments regarding the company’s or competitors’ products.
- Act as point of first reference for all product related enquiries for the automotive segment and work collaboratively with the technical support team to address any issues that may arise.
- Design market research projects to assess customer attitudes to the current product range and new product introductions.
- Liaise extensively with the purchasing, quality control, inventory control, merchandising and other internal departments to assist the team in managing their day to day business requirements.
- Coordinate pricing part numbering and stock programs by constantly monitoring market price shifts to ensure our competitiveness.
- Maintain and present Key Account price files.
- Work closely with management to develop business plans and attainable margins that will establish the viability of new product offerings.
- Maintain the website product content and downloadable documents.
- Responsible for the electronic catalogue content and assist on the design
- Three years’ experience managing a product category, within the automotive aftermarket industry preferred.
- Product development experience strongly preferred.
- Technical understanding of vehicle after-market technology.
- Ability to interact and communicate with all levels of the organization.
- Product Management experience required.
- High level of proficiency in Word, Excel, Windows, and statistical software.
- Excellent organization and planning skills – able to meet deadlines in a multi-task environment.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with experience working with cross-functional teams.
This full-time salaried position offers comprehensive health, dental, vision, matching IRA, vacation and paid holidays. Some travel may be required.
If you are looking for a rewarding and progressive role, please forward your resume and cover letter to email@example.com